Thursday, March 25, 2010

Muse as Icons

Frank Sinatra

For the April 2010 issue of L'Officiel Hommes China, male supermodel (and muse to Karl Lagerfeld) Baptiste Giabiconi was done up like famous rock music icons of the past and present.

Now, the guy is definitely a gorgeous creature, so I wasn't the slightest bit concerned that he was gonna look bad, per se...

But the actual results of the photoshoot definitely varied on the editorial scale, from sexy/suave, as seen above, to unflattering/hilarious. 

Just wait and see:

Jim Morrison

Prince

Michael Jackson

David Bowie

These are some great photographs. 

The essence of each of the icons is perfectly captured, and Baptiste really does look reminiscent, if not flat-out just like each of them.

And the boy's got cheekbones for daaays. I love it.

Then, however, the editorial came to a crashing, giggle-inducing halt:

Lady. Effing. Gaga.

Gurrrrl.

I'm not going to debate whether or not Lady Gaga has yet earned a place among the greats listed above, but what I will debate is whether this idea was brilliant or incredibly stupid...

... and so far, I'm falling on the side of brilliant

The claws, the hair-bow, the legs spread open... it's all just totally en pointe.

However...


That? Is not Lady Gaga.

That is Anna Wintour.


I know that I seem to bring her up alot these days, but I mean seriously

I had no idea that she and Baptiste shared the same nose!

And the bob, people. The bob.

There's really nothing left for me to say here... I'll show myself out.

[photos: modelhommes.com]

1 comment:

  1. Wow! The Jim Morrison and David Bowie pictures are phenomenally sexy! Well done, my friend!!! :)

    ReplyDelete