Friday, March 5, 2010

This is what it's come to...


In this era of pop stars *cough*Gaga*cough* prancing about in outfits looking like they got separated from the parade floats of Carnivale, the casual viewer has come to expect one thing only: the unexpected.

There's a blinking array of lights coming from that woman's crotch-area? "Must be Gaga."

That lady over there is wearing a metallic, robotic hand-piece? "Beyonce's in town."

You just saw a girl dressed like a mentally challenged safari animal? "I LOVE Ke$ha. Where is she?"

... No worries! Here she is!



Anyway, the point is: it's been pretty easy to become accustomed to the ridiculousness of it all.

Embrace it, even.

That is why, when I looked at this picture of Mena Suvari exiting a restaurant, the first thing that came to my mind was:



"Ooh, I kinda love the plant-like headpiece! That's very daring of her. It almost looks like a collar, how its coming up from the back of her neck like that!"

...Then I took another look...

And realized that she is just walking in front of a potted plant.

... Uh, yeah.

I blame everyone but myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment