Thursday, March 4, 2010

Ghesquire has no fear



... And believe me, that's a good thing.

With Balenciaga's Fall-Winter 2010 collection, creative director Nicolas Ghesquire has proven once again that he's one of the most fearless, original visionaries present in the fashionverse.

In his own words:
"I was working on something domestic. Casual things mixed with classic. And a kind of rigidity."

...Yeah, I can see that.

But I also see amazing color combinations, almost-comedic stiffness and structure, and his trademark impeccable tailoring skills.

If you are a woman and you wear anything out of this collection in the future, my hat is off to you. Now please kiss the top of my head and let me die a happy man.

I had a really hard time deciding which looks to showcase here, so I kinda chose a lot of them. You won't mind, I'm sure.

 
  
  
  


Plus: 
 Neon eyebrows? 

He stole my idea! (Not really.)

[photos: style.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment