Sunday, March 21, 2010

Lucite? For real?


I don't know about you, but for me, a translucent stripper shoe (as seen above) is the first image that comes to mind upon hearing the word "lucite."

Along with the words tacky, slutty, and of course, herpes.

However, Patricia von Musulin, sculptor and jewelry designer, has elevated this humble medium into something more than trash. More than fashion, even.

Kids, this is some art.

Inspired by that which gives us life and covers the majority of our planet, this jewelry collection evokes the natural, fluid motions of water.

The waves, the ripples, the splashes, and the currents: all present and accounted-for.

Check out these bracelets:


If Poseidon ever wanted to show his Baby-Mama what's poppin', this would be his best bet.

I'm a total sucker for clear, translucent jewelry, so these made me fan my face with my left hand.

The fact that I would most likely fracture something while trying to shoehorn some of these pieces onto my big-ass wrist is irrelevant... If need be, I'd just hang the shit on my fabulously broken appendage and consider it a necessary casualty.

(Editor's Note: I don't actually find all lucite footwear to be slutty... those are only the words that come to mind initially... Don't wanna step on any toes!)

No comments:

Post a Comment