Sunday, March 7, 2010

I Died.

 
 Givenchy Spring 2010 Haute Couture

This is it.

This is the dress.

Which dress, you ask? 

The dress that blew every single other look out of the fucking kiddie-pool when it hit the red carpet.

Zoe Saldana rocking this amazing Givenchy Haute Couture dress at the Academy Awards was a triumph in more ways than one.

It was:

A triumph of styling, as it was paired with a ring whose stone was a perfectly-matched shade and earrings that were simple, cute and didn't dare draw any attention away from the gown, itself.

A triumph of color, as there were no other dresses on that red carpet with shades as vibrant, varied, and voluptuous as those found on this one.

A triumph of pairing, for Zoe Saldana's willowy, almost alien-like beauty and gorgeous skin tone totally lifted this look into a new realm of ferocity.

...Okay, I obviously need to breathe because I'm way too into this post. 

Not to mention ignoring the very real possibility that you, reading this, didn't even like the Givenchy dress.

But I'm willing to accept both of those realities, because I think that this:



... is what fashion is all about. 

As is the subjectivity that may or may not find you agreeing with me right now.

I can only speak for myself... but that

Killed me.

No comments:

Post a Comment