Friday, March 12, 2010

Beauty


"My style icon is anyone who makes a bloody effort."
- Isabella Blow

Isabella Blow was one of the most tragic figures ever to emerge from the world of fashion.

After reading an article in Vanity Fair about two years ago, my brother and I found ourselves completely fascinated (not to mention enamored) with her.

I'm not going to bastardize her beautiful and tragic life by attempting to summarize it, but I will say this:

If you have any degree of interest in the world of fashion, you owe it to yourself to research this woman. Start here.

... My original plan for this post was for it be a spotlight on innovative hats, and when you're talking head-wear innovation, you're talking Philip Treacy.

And nobody wore his pieces as well as Isabella Blow did:



I like to think that she and Alexander McQueen have been reunited with his passing.

And that they're together right now, laughing about things my thick-headed ass would probably see no humor in, and making fashion references that would sail right over my head.

No comments:

Post a Comment