Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Girl, Close Your Legs.

Natalia Vodianova for YSL


While looking through the latest issue of Vogue, I came face-to-face with several ads in which the model featured was shot with her legs spread apart.

*Insert Sad-Smiley Here*

I'm not sure if this is going to be a new trend, but it worries me. 

Is it considered chic these days to open your knees up to the general public like a boozed-up girl with no personality? (And trust, it's always the boring ones who feel the need to present their crotches to the world.)

There are plenty of other poses that can showcase a shoe or allow the skirt of a garment to hang without looking so... open-for-business:

Lindsey Wixson for Miu Miu


I gotta say, though, for not even having reached my 25th year on this earth, I feel mighty old-fashioned for speaking out against this.

After all, men are pretty much given free reign to do whatever they choose with their crotch-areas, be it scratching, grabbing, or thrusting, all in the name of being fashionably cool. So I guess this is some form of equality.

...Yay for everyone?

(If you need me, I'll just be over in the corner with my legs crossed. Someone should be actin' a lady.)

No comments:

Post a Comment