Friday, March 5, 2010

You look... like a fool.

 

As a gay male lover of female fashion, I tend to look at the fashionverse in a way which is (somewhat) unique to my gender.

Meaning: I rarely look at a shoe or dress and think to myself, "Would I want to wear that/ How would I feel wearing that/ Would people kick dirt on me for wearing that?" 

Instead I simply take the look for what it is.

Now, I'm not at all criticizing anyone who does ask themselves these questions, because that's a huge part of the beauty of fashion and what it does for people. I'm merely explaining my particular position.

If someone creates something that makes me sit straight up or wriggle in my seat, I consider it a success. 

Period.

I consider "wearable art" far more important than a "cute" dress.

With that in mind, I present to you some of the footwear from Balenciaga's Fall 2010 collection:




 I adore shit like this.

Would a girl who wears these to a party get a couple strange looks? Maybe.

Would said girl also get a ton of compliments from people who appreciate unique style, architectural aesthetics, and just plain interesting kicks? Definitely.

Still, they're not everyone's mug of liquor, and that's fine.

But as I said before: 

I adore shit like this, and if I could get away with wearing them without looking like a fucking mess, I would.

[photos: style.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment