Friday, April 9, 2010

Worth Revisiting


In case you missed it the first time around, here is a brilliant Simpsons editorial that was featured in the August 2007 issue of Harper's Bazaar.

... I know, I know.

In fashion-terms, this shit might as well be hieroglyphs on a wall...

But you can't ignore the genius of Simpson-izing not only some of the world's top designers, but also painstakingly recreating their actual garments for Marge, Lisa, Patty, and Selma to try on!

Linda Evangelista is the tour guide for our ladies as they parade around Paris playing dress-up:







I mean, c'mon. These girls have been forced to wear the same outfits for 20 years now.

They deserved this.

Although I do find myself in the somewhat-awkward position of being jealous of cartoon characters, which hasn't happened since I first watched "The Little Mermaid" as a flamboyant four year old...

(Don't look at me like that... Prince Eric was my type.)

[photos: Papermode]

No comments:

Post a Comment