Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Muy Bonita


The April issue of Vogue Mexico is seriously making me consider starting up a subscription.

(The sad fact that I'm a Mexican who doesn't speak Spanish will not deter me in the slightest. This shit looks fierce enough to transcend all language barriers.)

The dress is totally pretty, if a little crotch-skimming, but the jewelry? To die.

(Seriously, click through the pic to see the full-size image. Totally stunning.)

Plus, unlike American Vogue, our Mexican counterpart is not afraid of forgoing actresses in favor of working models for their covers, as evidenced by Isabelli Fontana's glorious presence here.

Compare that with our latest issue:


I'm sorry, but where is the chic in Gwyneth Paltrow's smug mug mugging smugly at us? 

I'll tell you: It ran far away, to a land south of the border.

Let's just hope that it doesn't have too much trouble getting back in to our great nation...

Fingers crossed on that one.

[Edited to add: The Paltrow cover is actually from U.K. Vogue... Feel free to spit at my anti-American ass the next time you see me. I deserve it.]

No comments:

Post a Comment