Friday, April 9, 2010

Material Girl


All things considered, Madonna's thirteen year old daughter Lourdes has kept a pretty low profile thus far.

Only showing up in paparazzi-shots and at the occasional red carpet event with her mother, the pre-teen hasn't spoken much to reporters about what her life is like or how she views the high level of fame that she was born into.

...Which is just as well for me, because what I mainly wanna know is where, exactly, homegirl picked up her fabulous sense of style.

I mean, there's no doubt that she is a naturally beautiful girl, but all of her outfits are just so...

"80's mixed with Modern mixed with Grunge mixed with Hipster."

In other words, exactly what I would envision the child of Our First Lady of Pop to be wearing.

Keep in mind, Lourdes is only thirteen:

(This first look kills me.)


When I was thirteen, I was running around like a fool in South Park t-shirts and biker shorts.

I only wish that I knew then what I know now, so I could have bullshitted my way out of any sartorial criticism:

"My shirt is meant to be an ironic statement on pop culture merchandising, and I chose these shorts mainly for their element of hip-hugging sex appeal... Obviously."

1 comment:

  1. Dan,

    I think you're hilarious. Hey, shoot me an email with how you did your adored and abhorred title...it's fabulous and when it comes to this kind of stuff I'm lost.

    ReplyDelete