Thursday, April 8, 2010

Dust-Covered Beauty



For the March issue of Vogue Italia, photographer Tim Walker shot models Stella Tennant and Imogen Morris Clarke in a stark, dusty mansion.

The editorial is called "Lady Gray," which I feel is an appropriate title for such dream-like, ghostly images.

It may be my overactive imagination, but it appears to me that each garment is acting as an extension of the setting in which they are shot...

Take a look and you'll see what I mean:

Wrapped up in the fabric of the curtains.


Seeking shelter in the white light of the chandelier.


Getting lost in the folds of wall-paper.


Overtaken by dust and cobwebs.


"The wall stares back at you."


Lost to the shadows.


Granted, my imagination station is obviously in overdrive right now, but these are some beautiful, haunting photos that deserve to be over-thought.

Now, I'm gonna go fire up in my copy of Marie Antoinette with some New Order playing on repeat as the audio track.

...Tears will be shed.

No comments:

Post a Comment