Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Curls Johansson


Here's Scarlett Johansson on the cover of next month's issue of InStyle magazine.

Hmm...

Part of me thinks that Scarlett is looking like an adult version of Shirley Temple with that tight head of curls:

 "Ooh, no he didn't."


... But then, another part of me (I have many) thinks that she still looks absolutely gorgeous in the face, with a beautiful dress and a soft, creamy complexion that is perfect for a springtime magazine cover...

So conflicted.

I guess I'll just go with the idea that the circular bob of Shirley Temple ringlets was a choice that was made to intentionally mimic that circle graphic on the right, like an abstract silhouette of sorts.

Hmm, "the Benefit of the Doubt" smells a lot like bullshit...  

Who knew?

1 comment:

  1. "an adult version of shirley temple?"...maybe. Slutty looking, despite the curl-induced innocence? most definitely. I loved her in 'lost in translation' but when i picture her in anything else, i can just imagine how insecure of a boyfriend she would have me. who knows, maybe she's just THAT good of an actress - her roles do tend to lean heavily towards the slutty end of the prude-nude spectrum. or maybe i'm just an idiot? let's go with the latter.

    ReplyDelete