Thursday, April 29, 2010

The Horror...


Put down your crucifix, because these creepalicious images, a collaboration between photographer Madame Peripetie and artist Lola Dupre for Kinki magazine, cannot harm you... As far as I know.


... Okay, that last one is actually from the psychological-horror videogame, "Silent Hill."

But just try and tell me that it doesn't fit in with the rest of these traumatizing shots.

Now, don't get me wrong. I totally get what these two visionaries were trying to achieve with these:

Unsettling, warped images that take both the subject and viewer into a realm where the human body is prone to invasion and sensory discombobulation.

... But that doesn't mean I have to wrap a trash-bag over my face and go along with it.

Because this? Is some "double-check your closet and sleep with the hall light on"-type shit.

Beautiful in it's own way, and certainly evocative... but bat-shit, for sure.

Now here's a cute little palate-cleanser, so that you may continue believing in God:


... Gah! Get your leg outta that toilet paper roll, puppy! Did you not see the second image??

Err, I think that just made things worse... Great.

2 comments: