Thursday, April 22, 2010

The Huh?


You know, usually when I am confronted with images from a freshly-released ad campaign, I do my best to make sense out of what the creative minds intended for their images to express...

But in the case of Khuong Nguyen's new Fall 2010 campaign for Christian Louboutin shoes, I am left pretty much baffled.

I mean, these are some beautifully inventive images for a shoe campaign, but try as I might, I just can't seem to extrapolate the meaning behind them.

(Of course, that doesn't mean I'm not going to try.)


These shoes will make you:
... Float like a tethered butterfly?

... Irresistible to rodents with good taste?

... Ready to brave the most perilous, bird-filled jungles?

... Able to breathe underwater while still looking fabulous?

... Break out of a glass holding case like a head-strong dove?

... Kick your way through a playing card while floating down a zero-gravity hallway?

... Smoke a bunch of crack and hallucinate that the stairs are covered with moss and the floor with clocks?


Ugh, that was painful.

Although I think I may have had a break through with that last guess... Crack-smoking, indeed. 

Really though, I guess the message is that wearing these shoes will make you feel like the most ordinary of hallways are full of fantastical potential, and that the impossible is possible.

(Eh, whatever.) 

Pass the pipe!

1 comment:

  1. I agree. I totally dig the 'Alice' theme but as far as meaning...I just don't see it. I'll go ahead and stick with what you said about the possible fantasies with impossibilities in a hallway of ordinary being...eh, whatever bullshit you wrote down ;)

    ReplyDelete