Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Just How Many...

 
Martin Grant

...ways are there to say "Black"?  

About 22, apparently, as evidenced by Swarovski's "Ways to Say Black" project.

In an effort to raise money for the American Cancer Society and the French Ligue nationale contre le cancer, (basically the French equivalent,) Swarovski commissioned 22 established fashion designers and up-and-comers to create their vision of the perfect "Little Black Dress."

In keeping with the spirit of Swarovski, of course, each look was to be spackled with rhinestones and bejeweled to hell-and-back. (Or heaven, in this case.)

The results? Are surprisingly predictable.

And I don't mean that in a bad way, at all. I only mean that it's pretty easy to guess which famous pair of hands created which sparkling garment.

Plus, its for a good cause and black is never out-of-style in my eyes.

Okay, I'll shut up now. On to the dresses!

Vivienne Westwood


Jean Paul Gaultier


Givenchy


 Giorgio Armani


Sonia Rykiel


 
Marios Schwab 


Missoni


Thakoon

I kind of love how each designer/label is so recognizably present in their respective piece. So much so that I even kind of laughed when I saw Missoni's contribution.

My favorite would have to be Thakoon's. Its simple and chic, yet its still interesting. And I bet it'd look killer on the right girl.

Ugggh, but I kinda love the Givenchy dress, as well.

All in all, I would definitely put down a starting-bid for any of these... So long as I was assured there was a wealthy playboy standing behind me in line. I aint rich.



No comments:

Post a Comment