Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Drag Fashion Recap


This Fashion Recap is going to shine it's spotlight down on the brightest, twinkliest star in the Drag Queen sky:  

RuPaul, during the second season of her reality show/competition, Drag Race!

Now, it goes without saying that this is gonna be the gayest, sparkliest, most fabulous Fashion Recap ever, but even I wasn't prepared for just how fierce this bitch is.

You see, at the beginning of every episode's elimination ceremony, Ru prowls down the catwalk to one of her disco-tastic tunes, rocking some ridiculous looks, which I will now walk you through.

Take my hand, step lightly, and hold on to your wig:

The Ruby Slippers in dress-form.

A bit understated for a drag queen, but the metallic details ensure that the "sparkle quota" is met...

Big hair, big hips, big flower.
(Beautiful colors, too.) 

RuPaul has never met a muppet she didn't like... to wear.

Glam-Rock on steroids... Err, make that estrogen.

I love how she never passes on an opportunity to connect her hairstyle with an ensemble.  
(Those red ruffles are made of win.)

She called this look a "tall glass of lemonade," and I couldn't have said it better myself!
(But that pink lemonade-colored hair is making me thirsty.)

We began with the Ruby Slippers and conclude with the Emerald City.
The mark of a true professional.

Now, what phrase could I possibly use to conclude this post, other than the very trademark of RuPaul, herself?

And so, I leave you with these words of inspiration and motivation:

... You. Better. Work.

No comments:

Post a Comment