Monday, May 10, 2010

Scarlett for V


This is the cover of the new issue of V Magazine, featuring Scarlett Johansson.

Hmm... Two things are bothering me with this:

1. Other than opening the door for that (oh-so-clever) "berry" pun, I can't think of a good reason why they would put Scarlett in that childish, pillowcase-sleeved mess of a blouse.

-and-

2. Her facial expression, which seems to be saying:

"God, I shouldn't have skipped breakfast... 

Between the lack of buffet table and these damn strawberries on my shirt, all I wanna do is chew on this fabric until the hunger pangs go away... 

Oh God. It's totally creeping it's way towards my mouth... 

I wonder if I can pull off 'sex kitten' while gnawing on my sleeve?"

***

So, lesson learned:

Blank, food-deprived stare + "Strawberry Shortcake" Hand-Me-Downs =  V Magazine Number 65

No comments:

Post a Comment