Saturday, May 1, 2010

Cruel Fashion Recap


"Cruel Intentions" is a movie that I kinda struggled with as a teen.

I loved nearly everything about it, except for the fact that I always found myself rooting for the upper-Manhattan villainess, Kathryn, rather than any of the "good guys."

Thus, when the inevitable conclusion came, I was sad not because (spoiler!) Ryan Phillippe's character had passed, but rather because Kathryn had failed.

"Everybody loves me, and I intend to keep it that way."

... Except she didn't. But what she did manage to do was achieve was a series of chic, sophisticated outfits that created the perfect illustration of a dirty-rich, modern spoiled princess.

(Well, if you ignore that cream-colored, Joan Collins-monstrosity of a nightgown, that is.)

Also? I love the fact that she wears the same illusion necklace throughout the entire movie, and that the outfit she is admiring on the hanger in one scene she is totally wearing in the next.

It's all in the details:


"Audrey Hepburn had a little sister... and man, was she a bitch."

No comments:

Post a Comment