Monday, June 14, 2010

Sookie, Now


In honor of the premiere of the third season of the Louisiana Bayou Vamp-Drama, "True Blood," I've decided to dedicate this post to the daring fashion efforts of Anna Paquin.

Or, as my brother so-lovingly refers to her: "Sookie-Anna-Paquin."

... with "Sookie" mispronounced as "Suki."

Seriously, any time he refers to her. Ever.

(He's kind of the best.)

Now, for some reason, until very recently, I was under the impression that Miss S.A.P. was severely lacking in the "ferocious fashion department."

(That reason most likely being: "snobby gay faggotry.")

Anyhow, I was wrong. Dead wrong.

Let's count down a few of the reasons why, despite all evidence to the contrary, I am somehow not always right:

Reason #1:

This super-cute Proenza Schouler mini-dress that Anna wore to the Season 3 premiere event a few days ago.

Casual-chic, youthful, and different from the plethora of red-carpet mini-dresses out there.

(Plus, you gotta love a girl who loves her gap, and doesn't give a *damn* if you don't.)

Reason #2:

This colorful, Magic-Eye-wonderful dress from Marios Schwab, for the same reasons as listed above...

(I'm sorry, I'm just a total sucker for a girl who thinks outside the box when choosing her mini.)

Might this give a headache or two to those prone to seizures? Sure.

But that's a small price to pay, in my book.

Which, by the way, is entitled: 

"Suffering for Fashion: The Many Reasons Why Aesthetics Take Precedence Over Health and Safety... Buy it Now!"

Reason #3:

This beautiful gold Stella McCartney dress, which she wore to the 2010 Golden Globes.

Sexy, texturally-varied, and fits her like a gold-plated condom... err, glove.

Sorry, my mind just automatically *goes there* when I'm looking at fashion as sexy as this. 

(It's a good thing mind-reading Sookie, the character, aint here, or she'd slap the sass right outta me...)

Reason #4:

This fabulous, ruffled creature-creation from Viktor & Rolf... 

Now:

- Does homegirl look like she belongs at the helm of a Gay Pride float? Of course.

- Does she also look like a bird had sex with a frilly dinner napkin? Sure, why not.

- But most importantly: Does she look fierce

Well... Yes.

In my humble opinion, Fearless = Fierce.

... and Sookie-Anna-Paquin looks about ready to face down a whole cadre of bloody vamps.

(After all, she's already got all the absorbency she needs right there on her person!)

Finally:

Reason #5:

No explanation necessary.

(You know me.)

No comments:

Post a Comment