Wednesday, June 9, 2010

California, Gurl

 

The 2010 MTV Movie Awards aired this past Sunday, and due to my recent negligence of my blog (which I promise will stop,) I failed to adequately cover the red carpet and on-stage fashions.

It turned out to be just as well, though, because most of the ensembles were either dishwater-dull or beige-blah-boring.

The sole exception, of course, being my favorite tacky-tacular drag queen pop diva: Katy Perry.

As always, Miss Perry showed up with a bucket full of crazy and a hot pink silly straw for sipping!

I'm sure I don't have to tell you that her particular brand is absolutely delicious:

 
 This was the outfit that Katy wore for her performance of her single, "California Gurls."

I only have three words:
 
 Light. Up. Ass.

She also had not one, but two outfits ready-for-rocking on the red carpet, and each was pretty much stunning.

Outfit #1:

This jewel-encrusted, Glitter Slut-fantasy of a dress was created by Zuhair Murad, and showcased our girl's legs (...and crotch) like the national treasures that they are.

Bold, show-girlish, and unabashedly tacky.

Her stylist really must be able to pick out dresses for this girl in his sleep, using those three criteria as absolute requirements.

(Yes, I am making the assumption that her stylist is a man... A really, really gay one... And no, it is not me. Sadly.)

Also: I must admit that, at first, I thought her canary-yellow nail polish was out of place...

That is, until I got a better look at her Rock & Republic pumps:


Bitch, work.

Outfit #2:

For the post-show red(black) carpet photos, Katy changed into an equally mouth-gapingly ornate piece, the product of a collaboration between Herve Leger and a handful of amphetamines...

Nah, it's not that crazy. 

But it is really interesting and beautiful, and the perfect "companion piece" for her gray-and-yellow shoes.

(Homegirl really thought this whole night out ahead of time.)

Also, the nail-polish/lipstick change?

A borderline-masterful level of attention to detail.

Thank you, Katy Perry, for putting forth the sartorial effort that single-handedly got me out of my blog-neglecting funk.

(All it takes is brightly-colored hair and blinking lights... I really am just that easy.)

No comments:

Post a Comment